Another veggie recipe of mine to share!
Butter Bean, Mushroom, red bell Pepper & Green Chilli Spagetti in a Creamy tomatoe, garlic,oregano & fresh basil Sauce, served with Cheezey Garlic Pizza Bread (ok that bit was shop bought, its been a hella of day at work)
Really easy and healthy bean boost!
- Wholewheat/ spelt spagetti
- Tinned tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 green chilli
- black pepper
- dried oregano
- fresh basil
- 1 can organic butterbeans
- half red bell pepper
- 6 or so thinly slice mushrooms
- 1 nice scoop of creme freiche
- teeny bit of grated mature chedder, just if the sauce needs thickening
- few sprinklings of Vegan/veggie parmesan
- Cook pasta
- In meantime sauteé red pepper & mushrooms
- add tinned tomatoe, then the beans, chilli and garlic
- stir and add basil ( 6 chopped leaves, add more if you like)
- stir together, simmer whilst still attending to your cooking pasta
- Now add creme freiche, stir all in, add black pepper & oregano
- once pasta is cooked, drain and add to sauce
- simmer until sauce reduces and as I said before add a small smaaall grating of mature cheddar if its handy… just to thicken and adds a nice taste, also add your parmesan.
- Simmer some more…and then serve with garlic pizza bread/ bread!
- … oh yeah, and some red wine. Essential after a long saturday on the job!